Since 1999 Romney Resource Centre has been and remains a highly successful and effective subcontractor and delivery partner for a number of Prime Contractors. Supporting the needs of business and individuals in our unique rural deprived coastal area.
We pride ourselves on our culture of collaboration and cooperation to ensure a joined up approach that maximises the benefits for all parties.
We provide advice and guidance to the Matrix Standard, designing and delivering bespoke training and skills programmes that are individualised, employer-led and cost-effective for our funders, ensuring we achieve the very best results for our learners and employers.
We deliver services across the Romney Marsh and wider Shepway area for young people, adults and employers, including youth employment and traineeship programmes. We create and deliver innovative, bespoke employability, skills and employer-led programmes. We are experienced in both Classroom-Based and Workplace delivery.
We already have effective working relationships with Jobcentre Plus and local employers and we deliver a range of courses for both unemployed and employed customers. These include the functional, employability, vocational and ICT skills required for the modern workplace.
Our experience in delivering prime contracts ourselves means we have a full understanding of the qualities needed to be an effective subcontractor. We have extensive knowledge and experience of the customer groups, the challenges involved in achieving high performance, meeting and exceed targets as a supply chain partner.
National Careers Service
We have worked with Prime Contractors delivering the National Careers Service for the over 15 years and has been accredited to the Matrix Standard since 2004.
Our fully qualified advisors provide innovative careers and skills advice on training, education and employment solutions to young people and adults. Helping improve life chances, building community vitality and full participation for economic and social prosperity.
We have worked with Prime Contractors to the DWP for the last 11 years on a range of provisions with the most recent being the Work Programme. Our Adult Learner Responsive programmes have helped improve customers’ skills and move them into sustained employment. Over 55.5% of customers who have attended our programmes have moved into employment.
Our experience as a sub-contractor for Further Education Colleges includes effective delivery of courses at Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2. These include functional, employability, vocational and ICT skills for unemployed adults.
Having delivered Classroom Based Learning for over 20 years as a sub-contractor, which is reflected in recent success rates of 90%
We are very interested in extending our relationships with Further Education Colleges who need a high-performing delivery partner to fulfil their contracts.
Since 2007 we have been a Prime Contractor for the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and we have a proven track record in the delivery and growth of the Study Programme contract. The training and support we provide is for a wide range of young people through initiatives including Study Programme and Traineeships.
In October 2016 OFSTED graded our skills provision as ‘Good’ overall and across all contributory areas; commenting that:
- “Managers listen to learners’, partners’ and employers’ views and take these seriously when making improvements”
- “Managers use good systems to track each learners’ progress, attendance, retention and achievement. They identify very quickly those learners who are falling behind and instigate the support they need to continue studying.”
- “Learners develop excellent levels of confidence, personal and social skills. They become respectful, courteous and polite towards each other, tutors and external visitors. This prepares them well for the world of work and being part of a team.”
- “Learners’ attendance and punctuality are good. Learners are well motivated by RRC’s ‘my job’ reward scheme, which encourages good attendance, behaviour and work within their group.”
- “All groups of learners achieve at a similarly high level. However, learners with mental health difficulties, moderate learning difficulties and those with autism spectrum disorder achieve outstandingly.”
We deliver accredited qualifications with all the main awarding bodies, including OCR and British Computer Society (BCS) holding Direct Claim Status for a number of vocational qualifications.
If you are a Prime looking for a dynamic and highly successful delivery partner, RRC would be delighted to hear from you and discuss opportunities of working in partnership.
Contact us on 01797 367455 or email email@example.com.