In partnership with Kent Adult Education RRC offers a wide range of courses designed for adult community learning allowing access to new opportunities. In addition to this are introductory courses that develop skills relevant to specific areas of work and also give the chance to get a taste for what’s ahead. The purpose of all the courses is to develop skills and knowledge to help you progress in life.
People successfully completing these courses will have increased confidence and motivation as well as industry recognised qualifications (accredited courses are certificated by HABC).
Courses last between 3 – 7 hours and are available to groups of 8-12 learners aged 19+ who are living within Kent and are either low waged or unemployed. For all accredited courses photo ID must be shown at the start of the course, all Level 1 and 2 courses.
Accredited Courses include:
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Principles in Manual Handling
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety in Catering
- Level 1 and 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Level 2 COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
Non-Accredited Courses can include:
- Skills for Volunteers
- Absolute Beginners IT – Basic computing skills
- Next Level IT – Beyond the basic computing skills
- Short SpecialisedCourses -Digital Imaging / Family Tree / Digital Inclusion
- Introduction to Working with Children / Working in Health and Social Care / Customer Service